Make Noise STO, Echophon, and Function In Stock
Make Noise have released a new VCO design entitled the Sub-Timbral Oscillator (STO).
From Make Noise:
A compact Voltage Controlled Oscillator designed for generating SINE waves, Variable wave-SHAPEs, SUB-Octaves, Oscillator SYNC and Linear FM in the analog domain. The Sub-Timbral Oscillator is the more subtle and melodic friend to the DPO's complex harmonic lattice.
- Triangle Core with outputs for SINE, SUB and Variable SHAPE
- Unique Variable SHAPE circuit ripples Even and Odd harmonics for subtle timbral shifts
- Linear FM input with Depth control
- EXPOnential input for deep FM, SYNC sweeps or Transposition of sequences
- SUB-Oscillator yields max bass
- S-Gate input for gating or sync of SUB-Osc. independent of other outputs
- Hard SYNC circuit which combined with Linear FM and Variable SHAPE yields harmonically rich sounds
The Echophon and Function are also back in stock. To order Make Noise please contact us or call (512) 782-8806 to arrange payment and shipping.
Critter & Guitari: IIO and Melody Mill
Critter & Guitari have entered the Eurorack modular universe with two thoughtful designs. The IIO and the Melody Mill.
The IIO is simply a speaker with a built in amplifier, two summing inputs, and knob for volume control. It is the easiest way to get amplification with your Eurorack modular system anyhere you go. We here at Switched On can't help but be reminded of the Arp 2600's internal speakers. You can read more or purchase the IIO through our website here.
The Melody Mill will seem familiar to anyone that has seen Critter & Guitari's popular Pocket Piano.
From Critter & Guitari:
The Critter & Guitari Melody Mill is a note generation control module for Eurorack modular synthesizers. It contains a keyboard, CV outputs, CV clock input, built-in arpeggiators, a sequencer, and MIDI capabilities. The Melody Mill brings the fun of the Pocket Piano to modular setups! With the Melody Mill you can:
- Use the CV output to control oscillators
- Connect your MIDI controller or computer into your modular setup using the MIDI input
- Play notes, record and playback sequences and arpeggios on your favorite modules
- Convert MIDI clock into CV pulses
- Clock the arpeggiator with an LFO for strange melodies
- 'Hold' notes for drones
- Connect the built-in square wave oscillator directly to a filter or an amp
Pittsburgh Modular Cell 48
Pittsburgh Modular's Cell 48 case is one the least expensive and easiest ways to take the plunge into Eurorack modular. It includes a sturdy steel chassis, pin connectors, screws, and an AC adaptor. Best of all, the Cell 48 is designed to be expandable. Pittsburgh Modular offers wood panels to connect two (pictured below) and keep it compact enough for a desktop space.
You can read more or purchase the Cell 48 here. Switched On also offers wood paneling for the Cell 48.