Super 37s are back in stock!
The Super37 is a new and innovative powered case for Eurorack modular that includes an itegrated 37-key velocity sensitive keyboard built right into the case. It features 104hp of Eurorack compatible tip top z-rails, midi, a keyscan module, and rugged steel chassis with wood paneling.
We recently got a chance to try out the new Moog Minifooger series: MF Drive, MF Boost, MF Delay, MF Ring, and MF Trem. As expected they sound fantastic, are easy to use, feature options for expression pedals or CV, and are set to retail for $200.00 or less! Switched On will carry the full lineup after they start shipping next month.
Please share & enjoy!
Switched On carries the fine wares of Intellijel. We just received a new batch of the Dual ADSR and uVCF modules for Eurorack synthesizer systems. For purchasing information, please contact us via email or reach us by telephone: 512-782-8806 (12-6pm Central Standard Time, 7 days a week). And if you have a chance, come try out these, and the rest of the Intellijel line, in our shop.
About the Intellijel Dual ADSR...
- The circuit is based in part on the Roland SH-101 / System100m design with several enhancements.
- Manual GATE buttons
- Three timing ranges: (1 second, 10second, 1minute A/D times)
- Normal and inverted outputs
- End of Decay (EOD) logic output
- Cycle mode (which GATE logic control)
- Retrig input (allows re-triggering of the envelope if source gate held high)
- Dynamic control of the envelope output level (each ADSR is routed through a linear VCA and the control is normalled to +5V via the LEVEL jack. You can patch another control source like an LFO or VELOCITY level from a keyboard to this jack.
About the uVCF...
This is another great David Dixon filter design that has been on the workbench for a while. It is a very clean and precise filter that also doubles as an excellent sine VCO. It responds very well to FM and the small size should make it a nice choice for smaller systems/lunchboxes.
- Low pass (LPF) 2-pole , high pass (HPF) 2-pole and bandpass outputs (BPF) 1-pole.
- FM1 input acts as 1V/Oct when full CW tracks very well over 4+ octaves
- FM2 input has a bipolar attenuator
- At full Q you get very low distortion sinewaves with a range of 2Hz to 20Khz
The highly anticipated Korg Volca series has arrived at Switched On.
Each unit retails for the unbelievably low price of $149.99. Upon arrival, the crew here at Switched On immediately began to dig into the Volca series to see what all the hype is about. The Volca Beats and Bass seem inspired by the classic Roland TR-808 and Roland TB-303, but Korg has improved on them with additions like midi, delay, and motion recording. Despite the similarities to legendary vintage gear, the Bass and Beats have their own personalities, are a tiny fraction of the price of vintage units, and sound like professional instruments. The Volca Keys appears to be a new instrument concept of its own. It is almost inconceivable that a 3-voice analog polyphonic synth and sequencer, that sounds this good, is available for $149.99.
To purchase or read more about each Volca, simply click on the photos below. Supplies are limited so don't hesitate to pick one up soon!
Purchase and read more about the Korg Volca Beats...
Switched On recently restored a Moog Model 10 synthesizer. Before we sent it out the door we wanted to get a little bit of documentation to share.
This system consists of a factory arrangement of modules for the System 10. Each module was produced from 1969-1971 in the Trumansburg, NY factory.
It is very clear and immediate upon hearing the timbral quality of this system that everything described about the original Moog sound and the legendary 904a low-pass filter is true: lush, fat, warm, silky, harmonically vibrant, pure, etc. etc. One especially nice module that is included in this system is the Fixed Filter Bank. You can consider this to operate like an EQ with resonance! By driving up isolated harmonic bands pre-lowpass filter it adds a very pleasant sounding distortion that is unlike anything. You can hear it demonstrated in the first patch in this video. If you happen to have a MU or 5U modular system you can find recreations of the Fixed Filter Bank from synthesizers.com and COTK.
If you have ever wanted to start a Eurorack modular system or wanted a tactile controller surface for your virtual instruments and DAWs, here is your chance to do both at a discounted price! The Livid Instruments Dual 80 and Skiff 80 are an innovative enclosure design for Eurorack format modular systems. Using the Livid Instruments Elements modules you can directly interface your DAW, VST's, or various other midi equipped gear in the same enclosure as your other Eurorack modules.
Features of the case:
- Midi in, midi out, USB
- Brains power supply can be powered by USB or independantly via AC Adaptor
- Livid Instruments Elements cases are crafted in Austin, Texas with strong aluminum and hand-finished mahogany end caps.
- Each row is 80HP wide.
- These cases also have removable backs for easy access to your modules
Both enclosures include:
- Flight of Harmony Power Module (Normally retails at $99.00)
- Flight of Harmony Bus Board (Normally retails at $49.00)
- Triad power adapter for Flight Of Harmony Power
The Power Module and Bus Board will be pre-installed by us-- you'll be ready to plug in modules and begin making music right away!