This S5000 is fully functional and in great condition. It has been upgraded with individual outputs for channels 9-16, 256MB of RAM, Smart Disk floppy emulator, and USB port.
The S5000 is a digital sampler that supports stereo WAV files from the late 90's. It features standard sample editing functionality (including Trim, Chop, Loop, Join, Mix, Time Stretch, Pitch Shift, BPM Match, Resample, and more)along with built in filters and modulation sources. Though bulky by today's standards, the S5000/6000 remain excellent samplers for the studio environment due to their PC-like expandability, easy to navigiate UI, and solid sampling engine.
- Polyphony - 64 voices (expandable to 128 with the VOX64 Voice Expansion Board)
- Sampler - 18-bit A-D converters with 64 x oversampling 5th order Delta Sigma.
- Memory - Up to 256MB of RAM using standard off-the-shelf SIMMs. Reads Akai S1000 and S3000 series sound library.
- Filter - Extensive filtering functions offer 26 types of resonant 4-pole and 2- pole lowpass, bandpass and highpass filters and many more.
- Effects - 3-band digital off-line EQ with variable gain.
- Keyboard - None
- Control - MIDI