This D-550 is fully functional and in good condition We are also selling the essential editing interface, the PG-1000.
The D-550 is a great digital synthesizer implimenting Roland's Linear Arithmetic Synth architecture. It uses 8-bit PCM attack transient samples and single cycle waveforms for the oscillator section, and resonant low pass filters, chorus, envelopes, and LFOs for processing and modulating the sound. It is quite a unique hybrid design that gives your the crisp and clean qualities of a sampler with the character and flexibility of a synthesizer.
These were ubiquitous in the late 80's and are all over pop, r&b, ambient, and dance music of the era.
Switched On has acquired a sterling reputation for its careful and professional shipping and handling. Please trust in us to deliver your order safely and quickly. Allow up to 3 business days for packing and handling. All used items are 100% functional and warrantied against electronic failure up to 30 days after delivery unless otherwise noted.
- Polyphony - 16 voices (32 partials with 2 per voice); 8 voices (using 4 partials per voice in Dual or Split Mode)
- Oscillators - Digital LAS (Linear Arithmetic Synthesis) & PCM, 32 osc.
- LFO - YES (3 x 2tones = 6 LFOs)
- Filter - low-pass-resonant
- Envelopes - ADSR envelopes
- Effects - YES
- #Instruments - Monotimbral (can be upgraded for multitimbrality)
- Keyboard - 61 note keyboard with velocity and aftertouch
- Arpeg/Seq - None
- Memory - 64 patches
- Control - MIDI
- Date Produced - 1987-89