This Jupiter-6 is fully functional and in great condition.
The Jupiter-6 is an incredible analog synth. All of the Jupiters have a sound that was unlike any other synthesizer and the Jup 6 is no exception. This sound is due in part to classic analog Roland technology in its filters, modulation capabilities and a thick cluster of 12 analog oscillators at 2 per voice. Easy and intuitive programming via front panel sliders, knobs and buttons for all your tweaking needs.
The JP-6 is a scaled down version of the JP-8 in terms of programming and polyphony. However the JP-6 has some major improvements of its own such as newly added MIDI control and better tuning stability! While the JP-6 does have MIDI, the implementation is very rudimentary and hard to control. The JP-6 was one of the very first (along with the Sequential Prophet 600) synths to use the then new MIDI protocol, and the implementation on it is far from complete.
- Polyphony - 6 voices
- Oscillators - 2 VCO's per voice (12 oscillators total!)
- LFO - 2 LFO's with 4-waveforms (sine, tri, ramp, random)
- Filter - 24 dB/oct 4-pole lowpass/high pass or 12 dB/oct 2-pole bandpass with their own ADSR envelope
- VCA - 2 Standard ADSR's with keyboard track and mixer to balance oscillator levels
- Effects - None
- Arpeg/Seq - 1 Arpeggiator
- Memory - 48 tones / 32 patches
- Keyboard - 61 keys
- Control - MIDI
- Date Produced - 1983